With over 30 years of experience, James P. Boyle has focused his ad valorem property taxation practice representing office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, industrial manufacturing plants, apartment buildings, single family residences and properties of all types.
Cultivating trusted relationships with both clients and assessing officials has been a priority of Jim’s throughout his career. These trusted relationships have enabled him to successfully argue and manage tax assessment appeals before the various local taxing agencies, the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board and the Circuit Court of Cook County.
Jim joined Crane & Norcross in 2001 and was named managing partner in 2020.
Outside the office, he is active with various charitable foundations and has been involved with youth sports programs for more than 20 years.
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Real Estate Investment Association, Member
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation, Member
- Henry Schueler 41 & 9 Foundation, Founding Director and President
- Maryville Academy CYO Advisory Council, Member
- St. Mary of the Woods Parish, Youth Football Coach
- Lead counsel in the successful assessment appeal of several high-level properties including the Willis Tower and the John Hancock Building.
- Successfully represented numerous clients seeking incentives and exemptions throughout Cook County and the State of Illinois.
- Successfully litigated Valuation Objections in the Circuit Courts of Illinois resulting in refunds of millions of tax dollars.